Jim Williams is a Managing Director with GLC Advisors, where he helps lead the firm’s Technology investment banking group. He has been advising Software, Internet, and Tech-enabled Services clients and executing M&A and private capital raising
transactions for entrepreneurs and financial sponsors for over a decade. Mr. Williams’ recent representative transactions include:
- Representing CivicPlus in its growth financing with BV Investment Partners
- Representing BiggerPockets in its recapitalization with McCarthy Capital
- Representing Tiempo Development in its recapitalization with Alerion Capital Group
- Representing Cartegraph Systems in its growth financing with Pamlico Capital
- Representing Verian Technologies in its sale to Basware (HEL: BAS1V)
- Representing Walz Group in its sale to LenderLive and Aquiline Capital Partners
- Representing AppExtremes (dba Conga) in its growth financing with Insight Partners
- Representing Saleslogix in its sale to Infor
- Representing Spatial Energy in its sale to Digital Globe (NYSE: MAXR)
- Representing Swiftpage in its acquisition of Saleslogix and ACT! from Sage Group (LON: SGE)
Prior to joining GLC, Mr. Williams was a Director in KPMG Corporate Finance’s Technology, Media, and Telecom investment banking group as well as a Vice President with St. Charles Capital, LLC, a leading boutique investment banking firm. Before joining
St. Charles Capital, Mr. Williams was an attorney, focusing on general business, real estate, and securities law.
Mr. Williams holds a JD from the University of San Diego School of Law as well as a BS in Finance and a BS in Accountancy from Villanova University. He has completed the following FINRA Administered Qualification Examinations (Series 79, 62,
63). Mr. Williams is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, including the Business Law and M&A subsections, and he is a frequent speaker on Technology M&A.