San Francisco Office
Doug Lane has worked in our San Francisco office since 2011 on a wide variety of recapitalizations, reorganizations, distressed buy-side and sell-side engagements and new financings. Mr. Lane’s recent transactions include:
- raising a $200mm debt financing for a private software company;
- representing an ad hoc group of secured and unsecured bondholders of First Energy Solutions;
- representing unsecured bondholders of Basic Energy Services;
- selling Natrol Inc.(nutritional supplement manufacturer) through a Section 363 process; and
- representing Niko Inc. (multinational E&P) in its out-of-court restructuring; and
- representing the secured noteholders of Essar Steel Algoma
Previously Mr. Lane worked as a Managing Director in UBS’s Restructuring and Leveraged Finance Groups based in San Francisco. While at UBS, Mr. Lane’s transactions included in- and out-of-court solutions for U.S., Canadian and Mexican companies as
well as several large, cross-border M&A financings for U.S., European, Indian, Brazilian and Russian enterprises.
From 1997 to 2001, Mr. Lane worked in the Restructuring Group at DLJ and prior to that he was a commercial litigator at Dickinson Wright LLC in Detroit, MI.
Mr. Lane holds an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business, a JD (Order of the Coif) from Washington University and a BA from Northwestern University.