Mr. Lane is CFO/Managing Director of Global Compute Infrastructure, a private equity firm focused on the data infrastructure industry. Global Compute intends to acquire, develop and operate data center assets across North America, Europe,
Asia Pacific and Latin America. Global Compute completed its acquisition of ATM S.A., a Polish data center operator, in December, 2020. Global Compute is backed by Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division.
Mr. Lane previously worked as a Managing Director in GLC’s San Francisco office on a wide variety of recapitalizations, reorganizations, distressed buy-side and sell-side engagements and new financings. Mr. Lane’s transactions at GLC included:
- raising a $200 million debt financing for a private software company;
- representing an ad hoc group of secured and unsecured bondholders of First Energy Solutions;
- representing unsecured bondholders of Basic Energy Services;
- selling Natrol Inc.(nutritional supplement manufacturer) through a Section 363 process; and
- representing Niko Inc. (multinational E&P) in its out-of-court restructuring; and
- representing the secured noteholders of Essar Steel Algoma.
Previously Mr. Lane worked as a Managing Director in UBS’s Restructuring and Leveraged Finance Groups based in San Francisco. While at UBS, Mr. Lane’s transactions included in- and out-of-court solutions for U.S., Canadian and Mexican companies
as well as several large, cross-border M&A financings for U.S., European, Indian, Brazilian and Russian enterprises.
From 1997 to 2001, Mr. Lane worked in the Restructuring Group at DLJ and prior to that he was a commercial litigator at Dickinson Wright LLC in Detroit, MI.
Mr. Lane holds an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business, a JD (Order of the Coif) from Washington University and a BA from Northwestern University.